Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Master Chef – Mystery Box Challenge

As the weather is changing and it’s getting a little colder outside, it is hard to think of fun things to do inside the house! I know a lot of my blog followers live in Utah and I saw that it is already SNOWING there! I heard of this FUN idea for you to do with your kids that is creative, easy and inside where it is warm!


For my friends who watch the Food Network or FOX cooking shows, you may have already heard of this activity! On the show Master Chef, they play a game called Mystery Box Challenge. They have several ingredients in a box and they compete on who can come up with the most creative recipe using those ingredients. They can use other ingredients around the kitchen as well, but they must use the ones in the box!


This is such a creative and fun thing to do these cold days with your little ones! Grab a box (I made my box out of a diaper box and wrapped it in wrapping paper...see above) and some ingredients out of your pantry. It could be sugar, marshmallows, crackers, salt, jam, sprinkles, peanut butter... anything! Put a few things in the box and let your kids take over the kitchen. It will help them be creative and learn that cooking can be fun!

I have also heard of doing this with crafts rather than food, which would be fun to try as well! Put paper, crayons, googly eyes, cotton balls, ribbon, and stickers in the box and see what kind of creation they can come up with, with the given items!


Make sure you take pictures and hashtag #todaysthebest day! I NEED to see what your creative kids come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment