Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Thought – Sleep Deprived At Its Finest

On Wednesday morning at 4am I woke up to Laila screaming! This is a very unusual occurrence so I ran into her room to check on her. She was crying so hard and was absolutely uncontrollable!  I held her in my arms, but she just wouldn’t calm down. It didn’t take long for Tyson to wake up. He took her downstairs to watch Sports Center in hopes she would fall back asleep. She seriously ended up NEVER going back to sleep and only took an hour nap later that day! It was a LONG day!

On Wednesday night she went to sleep and woke up around 11pm, crying uncontrollably again. This time we knew she was sick, as she was congested and was having a very difficult time breathing. Tyson ended up holding her and rocking her ALL night long. I came downstairs several times to check on them, but he insisted on taking care of her. He couldn’t sleep as he was holding her and I couldn’t sleep knowing she was so upset. It was a LONG night!

Elder Neal A. Maxwell said, “You rock a sobbing child without wondering if today’s world is passing you by, because you know you hold tomorrow tightly in your arms.”



I love this quote! As much as I hate sick babies and hate not being able to get my sleep, some of the greatest mommy moments I have ever had with Laila, have been in the early morning hours as I rock her in my arms. I love holding her and looking at her perfect features. Her big blue eyes, her little button nose, her kissable lips and her chubby cheeks. The most precious memories I will cherish forever are those little moments of cuddles!

When we are sleep deprived and exhausted because of  newborn baby feedings or a sick toddler or a scared child… remember this quote. We really are holding tomorrow in our arms. What a precious gift! I just love being a mom and feel SO lucky that I get to take care of a little precious child of God. Cherish these moments ladies! We are blessed.

Luckily, on Thanksgiving morning there was ONE Quick Care open in Las Vegas that we were able to take her to. We got her some antibiotics, a priesthood blessing and some rest. With all three of these things she is feeling SO much better, has slept through the night and is back to her normal sleep schedule!  

No comments:

Post a Comment