Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DIY Play Make-Up

Every morning Laila loves watching me get ready. I love watching her as her face lights up as I take something new out of my make up bag. As she has gotten older, she loves to take my bag and dump it out. She then loves to look at each individual piece and examine it.  In the beginning it was okay, but now that she is even older she has learned to open up things and take caps off! I felt like this was dangerous for both her and my carpet, so I made her her OWN play make-up bag. (Thank you to my cute friends who gave me this amazing idea!) The best thing about it, is that it cost me $2

I re-used my old blush container, bought a $1 eyeshadow and brush from the dollar store, found an old mirror and make up bag that I have never used and gathered up nail polish. I simply emptied out the $1 eyeshadow (you can recycle your used eyeshadow, I just did not have any empty ones) and used the nail polish to paint the old pots! 


Now Laila has her own little make up bag that she can dump all she wants, open and close the compacts and even put the brush on her face, because nothing is going to get on her! She loves it so much and it keeps her busy while I am trying to get ready for the day! I love that I was able to make her happy with such a cheap and easy project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment