Monday, November 25, 2013

Elf on the Shelf – Ideas, Information and Calendar

I have always looked forward to being a mom! I always found fun ideas and traditions to do with children and have never had the opportunity to do them! Now that I have Laila, I am SO excited for her to grow and to have the opportunity to begin new family traditions! She is still too young this year, but I can NOT wait to start our Elf on the Shelf tradition next year!


I am sure the majority of you have heard of Elf on the Shelf. It is a huge fad right now and ALL over Pinterest. My sister has done it with her kids in the past and my mother-in-law does it at her home and it is always SO fun to see their creativity and ideas of where and what the Elf is doing each day!

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Elf on the Shelf, it is a FUN tradition I highly recommend you start this year with your family!

“The Elf on the Shelf® is a special scout elf sent from the North Pole to help Santa Claus manage his naughty and nice lists. When a family adopts an elf and gives it a name, the elf receives its Christmas magic and can fly to the North Pole each night to tell Santa Claus about all of the day's adventures. Each morning, the elf returns to its family and perches in a different place to watch the fun. Children love to wake up and race around the house looking for their elf each morning.

There are two simple rules that every child knows when it comes to having an elf. First, an elf cannot be touched; Christmas magic is very fragile and if an elf is touched it may lose that magic and be unable to fly back to the North Pole. Second, an elf cannot speak or move while anyone in the house is awake! An elf's job is to watch and listen.
Elves typically appear in their families’ homes at the beginning of the holiday season (around Thanksgiving in the U.S.). On Christmas Eve, the elves return to the North Pole with Santa Claus--until next year!”

I came up with a calendar of MY favorite 24 Elf on the Shelf ideas for you to use this year! I hope this comes in handy and that you use it! You also can be creative and think of your own silly things your children would LOVE the Elf to do!

I do suggest making a calendar like the one I have made so each night you have a plan on where the Elf will be and what props you need to gather that day! 

I would love to see your ideas and what fun things your Elf does! Don’t forget to post pictures and use #todaysthebestday to share with everyone! Or tag me and I can share them with everyone! I love to see YOUR ideas and fun things you are doing for your kids to make every day the BEST day! Your kids are going to LOVE this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment