Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Sunday Thought – God TRUSTS us

This week my life was changed forever. I have had a few things happen that have changed my perspective on life and to not ever take a moment for granted. I have had mixed emotions… sad, mad, scared, upset and have found peace at times. It is a cycle that continues to go around and around.

I woke up on Wednesday and got Laila out of her crib. Her cute, crooked smile will make ANYONE happy…even on the darkest days. I feel like she knows when I am sad and knows exactly how to make me happy in the simplest ways!

I could have been a bum all day long and seriously just laid in bed and cried… but it is truly amazing when you are a mom. You have another human being to take care of! She was completely depending on ME. She needed her diaper changed, to eat, to play, to be picked up, to get dressed, to be read to, to take a nap, to go to the doctors and to feel loved.

THAT was when it hit me! I am a mom! It is MY duty to take care of this little angel girl. She is 100% dependent on ME right now. That is a huge responsibility! As much as I wanted and could have been sad that day, I picked myself up and got us ready! My life continued…even if deep inside I was hurting.

Elder Neal A. Maxwell said, “God trusts women so much that he lets them bear and care for His spirit children.”

I love that quote! God trusts us SO much that he lets us bear and care for HIS spirit children. I know that we, and our children, are each a child of God. What a wonderful blessing it is that he has given us the responsibility and privilege of taking care of these precious spirits.


I hope when we have bad days and life seems a little crazy, that we remember that our Heavenly Father knows us. He knows us individually. He knows what we are capable of doing. He is there to lift us up and help us. He loves us and TRUSTS us! He sent these babies to us because He knows that we are capable of taking care of them, even on our sad, not good, dark days.

I am so grateful to be a mom! I am grateful for the happiness and peace Laila brings me! Heavenly Father knew that I was actually the one that needed HER this week! Maybe even more than she needed me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment