Friday, November 8, 2013

THANKSGIVING TRADITIONS – PART 1


Did you know there are only 18 days until Thanksgiving?! Time is flying by and I feel like it is only going to continue to go by faster!

What fun traditions does your family have for Thanksgiving? Every Friday until Thanksgiving I am going to share with you a little tradition my family does in hopes that you can start traditions within your own families this year!

 

Last year we started the tradition of DRESSING UP! We seriously had so much fun that we are going to do it every year from here on out! We made sure EVERY person participated so there weren’t any party poopers and it turned out better than we could imagine.

Those that chose to be Indians wore vests, cut up t-shirts, homemade headbands, feathers, braids and even a crazy Mohawk. Those that chose to be pilgrims wore white button up shirts, ski bibs, black dresses, homemade hats and shoes out of paper.


You can spend money and go all out to a Halloween store and buy costumes or you can home-make costumes with paper and things around the house to make it easy and simple!

I hope your family has a lot of fun traditions already, but don’t forget it is NEVER too late to start a NEW tradition! Dressing up is a fun way to get into the Thanksgiving spirit and was such a crack up to see everyone’s costumes as they walked in the door! Everyone from the oldest to smallest child there LOVED it. I highly recommend you adding this to your list of Thanksgiving traditions this year!

***I would love to see YOUR family traditions for Thanksgiving. On November 27th I will be posting my last minute FAVORITE TRADITIONS of my FOLLOWERS for everyone to see! I think that will be a fun way for all of us to see other’s ideas!
Please share with me by posting them and #todaysthebestday or messaging Today’s the Best Day on Facebook! I can't wait to see your ideas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment